Sunday, February 21, 2010

Snow...lots of Snow!

A few weeks ago, it snowed all day on Thursday from midnight to midnight. The boys didn't have to go to school for two days because Texas is not well equipped for snow. We got between 8-10 inches of snow.

The boys had a blast playing in the snow and didn't mind getting super wet and cold. Ken liked the snow too! Mom and Beth decided to enjoy the snow from the warm house.

They kept wiping the car off every time more snow would pile up on the windows. They have a little bit of my mom in them.

This is the snow fort they made for having snowball fights and they also ended up making about 6 different snowmen. The snow didn't fully melt until almost a week later. A record for around here!

Bethany turned 1 year old a few weeks ago and we celebrated at Gram's house.

She ate a whole piece of cake and really enjoyed it. It took her a while to get into it and then she was still pretty dainty about it (at least more so than our boys).

She takes one step now and then, but she does like to stand on her own. She gets so proud of herself!


We can not believe that our baby is 1 year old already. She is such a sweet addition to our family. We can't imagine life without her. In our humble opinion, we think she is just getting cuter every day.


This is one of her favorite places to take a nap. I know it is kind of sad, but hey she sleeps the longest in her highchair and she looks pretty comfortable.


Carter and Bethany are great buddies! They are starting to play with each other really well. Carter takes care of her and can make her laugh more than anyone else.


My cousin Kimberlie came to visit her sister Kiersten (also my cousin) in Oklahoma City (only about 3 hours from Dallas). She flew in and out of Dallas and so I got to meet them half way in Ardmore, OK and have lunch, see the sweet little Lyla and have a nice visit with my cousins.


Kimberlie than came home with me and spent the night. I took her to the airport in the morning. It was so fun to have her for a visit. I wish we lived closer!


Gram Cox (Rhonda's mom and Ken's grandma) came to visit for about a month. It was great to get to see and visit with her. She always had some special treat or little present for the kids when we came over.


Here are the four generations!


The boys always ask for popcorn at Gram's house and now Bethany is in on the action as well. Look at that girl stuff her mouth. She knows how to eat just like her mom.

5 comments:

Eliza said...

The snow looks fun, but i'll take Arizona's 75 everyday (almost) in February. You look great! I can't believe Bethany is already 1. Unbelievable!

Beam Family said...

I can't believe how big Bethany looks and she looks even bigger now that she's standing. Life is passing before our eyes much too quickly, I need to get out of the cloud I'm in and share it with you guys!! You really did have a ton of snow, how fun.

Robyn said...

Was thinking about you today... how I miss you!

I can't believe Bethany is 1! Look at all of her hair. I was cracking up at her favorite napping spot. How funny!

Abby said...

Aaawww! She is sooo cute, Wendy! Are those cousins related to Stephanie? 'Cuz one of them looks just like her...

LeeAnn said...

Hi Wendy. I was just reading your update on the reunion site. I can't believe you've been in Texas 10 years. Time really does fly. You have a darling family!